16 Imaginary Things People Might Be Saying About Between the Bookcases * in the Future. Possibly.
- “Like most people I hate literary events – but this one was ok.” Kevin Gildea.
- “It was better than sex.” Pope Francis.
- “This event was dynamite. It blew my brains out and splattered them over my four living room walls.” Quentin Tarantino.
- “This event kicked experimentation in the groin, poked convention in the eyes and dropped ice-cubes down the neck of all common-sense. Or was that my mother? Hold on, I think it was. What were you talking about again?” Your mother.
- “I haven’t been this excited since seeing the Dutch tax-rate for non-residents for the very first time.” Bono.
- “So good I threw my husband out the window.” Madonna.
- “This event has so much depth, you’ll drown.” Russell Brand.
- “Others carp that modern literary events contain too much sex, drugs and rock ‘n’ roll. But I completely disagree. In my opinion, you can never have enough of that sort of thing of a wet Wednesday evening in May.” Desperate Dan.
- “The only thing better than having a literary event in Ballyfermot library handy to look forward to attending, is not having a literary event in Ballyfermot library handy to look forward to.” Oscar Wilde.
- “James Joyce, Samuel Beckett and Oscar Wilde went in to a Dublin pub and said to the bartender – “We’ll have three tickets to Between The Bookcases please –with three whiskey chasers on the side.”I’d advise everyone to do the same.” Brendan Behan.
- “You’ll want to see its most provoking parts over and over and chances are twenty minutes from the end of the show you won’t be able to remember a fecking thing. Which is very nice and decent of the organisers, I think. Bravo!” The seventh dwarf.
- “I’ve seen the best minds of my generation destroyed by literary events, starving hysterical naked, dragging themselves through the tax-sheltered streets at dawn looking for an angry fix. Angelheaded hipsters.” Allen Ginsberg.
- “Did exactly what it said on the Tintern Abbey.” Flann O’Brien.
- “A literary event is like a box of chocolates. You never know when you’ll bite into a hard one and break one of your teeth.” Conor McGregor.
- “Between The Bookcases was like an onion, having layer upon layer upon layer of meaning and with each layer making you cry more bitterly than the last.” Samuel Beckett.
- “Between the Bookcases was not the messiah, it was just a naughty little boy.” Molly Bloom.
To book tickets for this event go to –